Writing a blog article for your company can be a bit daunting if you don't have a plan. That's why the Newsclip team has put together 10 easy steps for you to follow.
A company blog is one of the most cost-effective and simple ways to promote your brand, and can be a great addition to your communication strategy. It can also help to position your brand as a thought leader, increase brand awareness and drive traffic to your website.
However, to reap the benefits of a company blog, you need to be uploading content that is not only well written but that has a unique angle. Most importantly, it needs to provide your audience with useful insights.
Before you start writing your blog article, ensure that you have a good understanding of who your audience is. Then, try to tailor your content to what will be relevant to them. In other words, it needs to speak to your audience’s interests, preferences and pain points.
With that in mind, it’s now time to begin writing your blog. Here are our 10 easy steps for you to follow:
1. Research the topic beforehand to get an in-depth understanding of it. Do not plagiarise.
2. Position yourself as a thought leader by writing from a position of authority with a clear understanding of the topic.
3. Include a promise in the opening paragraph and answer the question in the body of the article. For example: This guide will teach you everything you need to know about how to manage a crisis.
4. Make sure each point or paragraph addresses a different idea.
5. Use headers and subheaders. This will make your blog post more reader friendly by breaking it up into smaller chunks.
6. Keep sentences short and punchy. Short sentences are easier to read and understand. Each sentence should cover one point. More than that creates complexity and confusion.
7. Ensure that your sentence structure, grammar and spelling are correct.
8. Add a Call To Action. For example: Follow our blog page for more industry insights and news.
9. Provide a link to a previous blog article that speaks to a similar topic. This will keep people on your website for longer.
10. Include an eye-catching image to make sure your blog gets noticed.
Once you're confident that your blog article is up to scratch — and you have ticked off the steps in the above list — then you are just about ready to publish it. But before you do, have a content editor proofread it. If your article is riddled with errors, you'll lose credibility with readers.
Now that you have published your blog article, remember to review it online to check for any formatting issues. Look for inconsistencies in the font size, spacing and ensure that everything is displaying correcting.
Finally, share your blog on your company’s social media platforms to maximise its exposure and drive traffic to your website.
When creating content for your blog, ensure you are up to date with the latest industry buzzwords. Check out our blog post to see the 30 Marketing buzzwords you need to know.